It’s that time of year again! Sunshine, flowers, and yep, spring cleaning. There’s nothing greater than cleaning out a closet you’ve been putting off all year, cleaning up your garden, or even cleaning up your social media strategy! There are so many things, both small and large-scale to improve your social media presence and marketing.
5 Ways To Spring Clean Your Social Media Strategy
There’s no better time to get rid of clutter than now. Here are five ways to get started with that spring cleaning . . .
1. Update Your Profile and Pages
Make sure you’re keeping your information up to date – this could even be done as often as every couple of weeks depending on your business! Here are some ways to update your pages:
- Update your profile picture
- Spice up your biography
- Include a link to your newest product, a recent 5-star review from a customer, or a friendly message to welcome new customers
- Create a new call-to-action
- Incorporate keywords and buzzwords to get people interested
- If you updated your brand with a different logo or colors, incorporate those into your profile and header photos
2. Create a Content Calendar
Making a content calendar can be extremely helpful to keep you and your business organized! Content calendars are great to keep your thoughts organized, especially if your company uses several different social media platforms. You can use a calendar to keep you on track for…
- Social media posts
- Email marketing, articles, and blogs
- Video production
- Networking or marketing events
3. Bring Those Goals Out of Storage
Goals grow and change, and some are even forgotten as the year goes on. There’s no better time than now to dust those goals off and pursue them! This is where our previous idea of using a content calendar can come in handy – keep yourself accountable for reaching your goals by visualizing deadlines and content for them by creating smaller goals to lead up to the big one. If you’re not sure why you didn’t meet your goals, take time to figure out where they can be changed to match your business better!
4. Check Out Your Competition
A little competitor analysis never hurt anybody. Check out their social media pages and see what kind of things they’re posting and what their audiences are engaging with, or better yet, look for what they might be missing. That way you can incorporate both into your social media strategy. Some things to look out for with your competitions are…
- What kind of content are they posting?
- How often are they posting?
- What platforms are they using?
- What content gets the most interaction, likes, comments, etc.?
5. Clean Up Your Social Media Strategy
After analyzing your competition’s social media strategy, take some time to study your own! You don’t need to start from ground up and completely revamp your marketing techniques, but take a look at small things. What’s working? What’s not working? What kind of content got the most interaction and engagement? Taking time to identify your business’ own strengths and weaknesses is a great way to determine what it needs and more importantly, what your customers need.
Taking some time out of your schedule to dust off some goals, clean up your video production strategy, and change up your business’ brand is the best way to clean up this spring! Not only will you feel a weight lifted, but your customers and business will thank you.